Information About Home Learning
Home Learning Guidance
Doing work at home is a lot different to being at school. Whilst you are at home you must complete your work in a way that is best for you and your family. Your parents might be busy working themselves so you will hopefully be able to complete many of the task by yourself.
Here is a suggestion for the work you might do each day:
White Rose is the maths scheme we follow in school. They do a lesson a day. Please watch the video as it will explain how to do the work. Once you have done this you can complete the activity sheet. Lessons for this term are now on there but if you have missed any the older lessons have been kept there too. This will keep your learning up to date so please have a go.
Other Maths activities:
TTrockstars – Can you become a hero at home?
See our Learning Tab
We have uploaded a Talk for Writing Home learning booklet. Do an activity from it each day over the week.
Other English Activities:
Host a daily English Session from 9.30 – 10.30 with lots of fun reading and writing activities.
Login and read two activities
Spend time reading a good book. Can you read 2 chapters a day? Tell your teachers what you are reading. Check the reading review tab for books to read. Write a book review and send it to us so we can add them to this tab.
Do something that gets you moving every day.
Joe Wicks does an exercise video at 9 am every morning
Go for a walk, run, bike ride, scooter with someone from your family around your local area.
If you have a garden get out in it and make up your own PE lesson!
We have put activities for other lessons in the topic and RE tabs.
Choose one other activity to do each day.
Eg RE Monday, Science Tuesday, Art Wednesday,
History Thursday, Geography Friday.
This is a suggestion as to how your home learning day may look. Remember there is lots online to help with home learning. I know lots of you have been doing other work in books that your parents might have bought or that is interesting for you which is also good. Please do what you can.
We will add some other bits onto SeeSaw to keep you busy too.
Weekly Activity Checklist – 29.06.20
- Daily White Rose Maths lesson
- Read Theory
- English T4W booklet – Goblinology a little bit each day
- Topic – Tudor Food
- Science – Translucent, Opaque, Transparent
- Art – Complete to portrait of HenryVIII?
Weekly Activity Checklist – 22.6.20
- Maths Daily White Rose lesson, TT rockstars
- English Daily lesson see year 4 page
- Reading Read Theory, read a book for your choice
- RE watch video about reconciliation, write why you think it is an important sacrament.
- History – Tudor House activity
Activity Checklist – 15th June 2020
English – Begin new Talk for Writing booklet complete a bit each day.
Continue hand writing and spelling practise using the sheets on the page.
Reading – Read Theory at least 2 activities, write a booklet review or make a video review on the most recent book you have read.
Maths – Daily White Rose lesson, TTRockstars
RE – Saying sorry activity
History – Tudor Timeline activity
Weekly Checklist – 8.6.20
Maths – White Rose Daily Lessons, TTRockstars
English – Continue with the Talk for Writing Booklet
Reading – Read Theory, Henry VIII Reading Comprehension on the Y4 page
RE – Building Bridges Activity
History – Henry VIII and his wives
Science - Food Chains https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zhnny9q
Art – Draw a Tudor Rose
Activity Checklist – Pentecost Term 2 Week 1 – 1.6.20
Maths – Daily White Rose activity, TT Rockstars
English – New Talk for Writing booklet
RE – Lost Sheep Activity
Topic History – Tudor Kings and Queens reading and activity
Art – Portrait Drawing Activity
Science – Bite size science activity. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/learn
Activity Checklist Week 18.5.20
Maths – Daily White Rose Maths lesson sheets, Daily TT Rockstars
English – Daily English activity – See the writing tab for sheets
Reading – Daily Reading – Read theory and home reading book.
RE – Booklets about St Paul and his journey (see RE Tab)
Science – List things that use electricity in your house. Sort into groups, mains, solar, battery power.
Topic – Physical features of America (see Topic tab)
Activity Checklist Pentecost Week 4
- English Daily Task – see writing tab
- Reading - Daily reading 20 mins a book or Readtheory
- Maths Daily – White Rose Video then bitesize activity
- RE – Mary day photo and prayer, St Paul matching activity.
- Science – Conductors and Insulators
- Topic – Geography – American landmark information poster
- Art – Imitation art activity.
Home Learning Activity Checklist - Pentecost Week 3
English – Complete Talk for Writing booklet work from previous weeks. There is another booklet on the school website if you have already finished these.
Maths – Daily White Rose Lesson
Science – Circuit identification activity
Geography – Landmarks of the World activity
RE – St Joseph the worker task
- Philip and the Ethiopian tasks
Art – Making art with everyday objects
Home Learning Tasks Weekly Check List Week 27.4.20
- Daily Maths from White Rose
- Daily English - Talk for writing booklet 1 or 2 – A part each day.
- RE – Scripture reading – writing as a disciple task – Read new topic knowledge organiser
- Geography – States of the USA compass Task
- Science – Create an electrical circuit.
- Art – Make art out of the things around you
We miss you all. Take care and stay safe.
Mrs Kearney, Mrs Eley, Miss Chohan, Miss Burns and Mrs Gupta